Coke Oven Door Cleaner
COKE OVEN DOOR CLEANING SYSTEM WITH HIGH PRESSURE PUMP
Removal of scale from coke oven door sealing area is being done manually by the following conventional methods which are time consuming and not effective:
- By scrapping
- By Manual cleaning with chemical /Diesel
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM
- Highly labour intensive and therefore needs lot of manpower.
- Time consuming.
- Needs stand by Coke oven doors, hence require more capital.
PROPOSED METHOD BY HIGH PRESSURE PUMP WITH AUTOMATIC CLEANING SYSTEM .
UTPSL has developed a special technology to use high pressure water jetting in conjunction with special Door cleaning system for cleaning of 2 numbers fixed cleaning station of Coke Oven Doors ( 1 each for coke side & pusher side ). The Coke Oven Door Cleaner has 3 nozzles with the rotary joint, which rotate by Hydraulic Motor, w.r.t door profile. The high pressure water comes out of the strategically placed nozzles at angles. The Nozzle carrier moves on the profile of coke oven door resulting in cleaning of all hard scale like bitumen etc at door knife during operation. This system is PLC controlled and complete automatic. The cleaning cycle is approx. 2 minutes.
The working pressure required for cleaning doors is approx. 600 bar, depending upon the coke oven door conditions. The ideal Coke Oven Door Cleaner unit shall have capacity of 80 LPM, powered by 110 KW motor
ADVANTAGES OF HYDROJETTING SYSTEM.
- Needs only one operator for cleaning the doors.
- Requires less time.
- Ecofriendly systems since no hazardous chemicals are involved.
- No need for stand by coke oven doors.
THE EQUIPMENT USED FOR HIGH PRESSURE JETTING.
- High Pressure Triplex Plunger Pump Unit includes pressure regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, coupling, motor, control panel, suction stabilizer, suction filter, booster pump, pressure switch, high pressure valves, Diverter valves all mounted on a Base Frame.
- Coke oven door cleaning arrangement ( 2 Nos.),to be operated by hydraulic power pack and high pressure hoses.
- The PLC Control panel.
- Three Flat jet nozzle with angular flow are used for external cleaning with specially designed lance to cover complete knife edge area for proper cleaning.
COKE OVEN DOOR CLEANING SYSTEM SUPPLIED BY UTPSL WITH CONSULTANTS MECON /CET
- Vishakhapatnam Steel Plant –VSP
- Rourkela Steel Plant –RSP
- Durgapur Steel Plant –DSP
- Bhilai Steel Plant –BSP
- Bokaro Steel Plant