Aqua Blast Cleaner
Removal of Paint from Paint shop grits is being done manually by the following conventional methods which are time consuming and not effective
- Removing the grits from paint booth
- Transport the grits from paint booth to a distant place (As it involves lot of pollutions).
- Burning / Scrapping the grits
- Wash the grits with water
- Transport back the grits to paint booth
- Fix the grits in the paint booth.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- Highly labour intensive and therefore needs lot of manpower
- Burning of grits creates environmental problems
- Time consuming
- Needs stand by grits, hence requires more capital
- After burning & cleaning the grits, dust enters the painting booth hence paint booths are not dust free.
PROPOSED METHOD BY HIGH PRESSURE JETTING PUMP WITH UTPSL
UTPSL has developed a special technology to use high pressure water jetting in conjunction with Aqua Blast system for cleaning of grits in place in paint booth itself. The Aquablast Cleaner has 4 nozzles with the rotary joint, which rotate by the reactional force created by water coming out of strategically placed nozzles at angles. The Aquablast cleaner moves on the grits having two solid wheels and one swivel wheel for easy handling. The jet at the bottom cleans the grits during operation.
The nozzle height can be adjusted with lever at the top, for proper cleaning. The Aquablast Cleaner consists of By Pass Valve, operated with lever for easy operation during cleaning grits.
The Aquablast Cleaner works at a pressure of 500-600 Bar for cleaning grits depending upon the grit conditions. The ideal Aquablast Cleaner shall have capacity of 84 LPM, powered by 110 KW motor /Diesel Engine.
The rate of cleaning shall be approx 1-2 square meter per minute depending upon the surface.
ADVANTAGES OF HYDROJETTING SYSTEM.
- Needs only one/two operators for cleaning the booth
- Requires less time
- Ecofriendly system since no hazardous chemicals/ burning of paint is involved
- Maintain painting booth dust free
- No need for stand by grits hence avoid transportation of grits & capital investment.
As additional usage of equipment, the High Pressure jetting system can clean skids, fixtures, Hangers etc. with the help of High pressure Gun with Rigid lance and Nozzle.
The Equipment Used For High Pressure Jetting
- High Pressure Triplex plunger pump along with pressure regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, coupling, motor, control panel, suction stabilizer, suction filter, booster pump, pressure switch all mounted on movable trolley with solid wheels and towing arrangement.
- High Pressure hoses in standard lengths of 5, 10, 15 Mtr. Depending on area of paint shop
- High Pressure Gun with rigid lances
- Round Jet nozzles with pointed flow and Flat Jet nozzles with angular flow are used for external cleaning with rigid lance and high pressure gun.
AQUABLAST SYSTEM AND PUMPS SUPPLIED BY UTPSL FOR GRIT CLEANING APPLICATION
|TATA MOTORS ||5 Nos. |
|Mahindra & Mahindra ||3 Nos |
|Ashok Leyland ||1 no. |